[C320-list] A good yanmar mechanic in Sydney

Annie Bennett annie at sydneyprivatesailing.com.au
Thu Apr 3 20:36:03 PDT 2014

In the past I’ve struggled to find a good mechanic in Sydney as no soon do you find one than they move to Queensland or overseas.  So in case any others in Sydney need a good mechanic, I thought I should recommend Phillip Lulic of Sydney Diesel Marine http://www.sydneydieselmarine.com.au  He previously worked for Wayne Newman (which other Sydney siders will be familiar with) and set up It’s his own business about 3 years ago.     He did Topcat’s engine service yesterday including the “salt water service” also replacing the exhaust mixer elbow which definitely needed doing.   I liked that fact he said he’s into preventative maintenance.  He seemed very thorough and was happy to explain what he was doing and - even checking if I knew how to bleed the fuel (I couldn’t remember so he showed me).
Annie