[C320-list] Perkins M30 Secondary Fuel Filter Mystery

Donald Poole dpoole15 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 11:24:29 PDT 2014

Found the problem. A ball of goo 1/4" diameter in the fuel shutoff valve at
the tank. I only discovered it while looking to see if there was a screen
of some sort on the fuel pick up line inside the tank. There was not.

I have been having intermittent fuel problems for MONTHS. Always thought t
was air getting into the supply line somewhere. Even changed the Lift Pump
and Raycor Primary Filter, housing and all.

I had to clean the fuel tank when I bought the boat in 2012. Suspect this
is a holdover from that. I never thought to clean out the shutoff valve.

Pulled about a gallon of the bottom now and its still clean.

DIESEL ENGINES !!!!!!!!!!! They are so like Women.  You gotta love em but
they drive you crazy.