[C320-list] MyNoaaCharts Android App

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:07:47 PDT 2014

NOAA has notified me that they are not continuing development of
MyNoaaCharts Android app. However, "MX Mariner" on Google Play is very
similar, and can be had for the minor fee of $7, that allows installation on
multiple devices. MX Mariner uses some of the chart rendering and tiling
code that MyNoaaCharts used, and it has GPS/Location based navigation
features that MyNoaaCharts lacked. Charts are selected by region, downloaded
no charge, and stored locally so no connection is necessary while onboard to
use this app. Also, Active Captain POIs are supported.

I've not had a chance to use it onboard; but, at $7, I can afford the risk.
It seems to be the next best thing to a chart plotter, and a good backup
even if  you have one.

Warren and Pattie Updike

1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62