[C320-list] Winter fuel surprise

markojammik55 markojamnik55 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 19:05:16 PDT 2014

Over the winter I had a fuel leak and it was my tank. I  am currently having a new tank installed. After launching this weekend the fuel that had settled underneath and now has surfaced in my bilge. Over the winter it was sitting lower in the stern to allow for drainage on the cradle therefore the fuel was located in the stern area not the bilge.  After launch the boat levelled off and the hidden fuel leaked into the bilge. After removing what I could I still have diesel in to the bilge. Can anyone tell how I can remove the remainder of the fuel. I have tried dish soap and still have traces of fuel. Any remedies would be much appreciated

Marko  Jamnik
Lake Ontario
Marquesas 1995