[C320-list] MyNoaaCharts Android App

Dean Vermeire dean at vermeire.us
Fri Apr 11 13:38:43 PDT 2014

For what it is worth, I recently purchased the Navionics charting
Android application for the Caribbean.  I think it was $54 for the high
definition charts.

The application is a little buggy - not too hard to crash it.  Also,
although the charts are very good, the navigational features are pretty
basic.  They do have some hooks in the application to try to get you to
upgrade to more features.  However, if you have WiFi or cellular
coverage, the charts can also have Google Maps satellite views of the
land features.

The app and charts were certainly well worth the $54, but they have a
way to go, in terms of quality of software.

Dean Vermeire
Moonstruck II (#847)