[C320-list] Bilge Pump

Gary Magnuson gary.magnuson at frontier.com
Thu Apr 24 20:43:25 PDT 2014

Joe,
  Not sure I can offer any help, but is there water to pump?  I think
some models have an internal sensing circuit that automatically runs the
pump if there is water present.   I think I learned this the hard way
and replaced a perfectly good pump.   Perhaps you can check the rule web
site to see if there is a chance that it could be this type. Rule Pumps
12 Volt DC Automatic Bilge Pumps 500 GPH - 2000 GPH feature computerized
operation on the principle of impeller resistance. Float switches are
not required. The pump will turn on every 2-1/2 minutes to sense for
water. If water is present, the pump will sense resistance and continue
to run until all the water is removed. Thereafter, it will check  for
water every 2-1/2 minutes.Power use in the checking mode is minimal.

   Also, they can come apart to be sure the impeller is free and not
obstructed by something.  If you can pull the pump off of its base and
submerge it in a bucket, to see if it runs.   Then check for voltage at
the pump, and go from there.   Let us know what you find...
Gary Magnuson
Time A Weigh #205