[C320-list] mid-ship cleats

katchu at chartermi.net katchu at chartermi.net
Wed Aug 6 12:14:30 PDT 2014

I added mid-ship cleats a few years ago.  I used a Perko 2-bolt cleat, model# 1252DP0CHR.  The toe rail is solid glass, so it is very secure.  The tough part of the job is getting to the nuts back behind the cabinet on the port side and up inside the head cabinet on starboard.  The cleats use a 1/4 bolt, and they are about 6 1/2” long.  They work really well.

I also use Garhauer adjustable cleats on the short cabin-top track, but the rail cleats are best for Spring lines.

Chuck Mueller

Northwind #676

Holland, MI

Message: 6