[C320-list] ST 60 Wind problems

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 14 12:51:22 PDT 2014

Jeff, here is something copied from Raymarine document on Testing the
ST50/60 Masthead Transducer
	"Red to shield should read 8 volts DC steady. This is the masthead
power supply, coming from the ST50/ST60 display head. If the head is
damaged, you may need to provide this power from another source to test the
masthead."
It appears the 8V is supplied by the display instrument to the masthead. If,
as you say, the other readings are Ok, it's a puzzle how this would be so.
Try checking it at the back of the display.
Here is something from another document:

Pin #	Color		Name				Description
1	Black		Screen			Ground (0 volts)
2	Red		+8 V				Supply to mast head
electronics
3	Blue		Wind Direction (sine)	sin(wind direction) | For
Pins 3&4: Voltage between 2 and 6 volts depending on the direction of vane
4	Green		Wind Direction (cosine)	cos(wind direction) |
5	Yellow	Wind Speed			7 V with negative going
pulses

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62