[C320-list] Some instrument advice out there?

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 19 13:04:55 PDT 2014

We are new to the Catalina 320 family.  Just bought a '98 320 (# 517) in May. We sold our Catalina 25 faster than expected. The new boat has no autohelm and no chartplotter.  (Long story... Only day sailed couple times a year for last 8 years.  Never even anchored in 8 years.)  Well kept, otherwise.

We are first looking at the Autohelm.  Then the Chartplotter.

Reason for email:

1. I was assuming wheel drive  but what models fit the wheel with the factory pedestal arrangment?

2. What models has anybody installed recently and what are your thoughts?

3. We probably don't want top of the line.  We are mostly coastal cruisers.  We don't mind going a little extra if it makes sense but we don't need the most expensive out there either.

4. Anybody ever tried a used one?  Risky but if they are out there, where is best to search for reliable one?

Thanks,

Scott Westwood

scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
H (919)-362-8538