[C320-list] starboard shelf over fuel tank

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 09:24:35 PDT 2014

Jim

Just did the replacement on 801.  Jeff's tips were quite helpful.   Chris'
info on testing helped prove he need to replace.    My gage is somewhat
obstructed and needed a shorter screw driver for one screw.  A box end
wrench with a short phillips driver bit worked.  Needed some duct tape to
hold the bit in the wrench.

The failure mode on mine was same as you describe.  3/4 tank and no change
even when full.

Used a 4" to 12" float and shortened to about 9".     Note do not bend
float arm to shorten.  Slide the float up and cut the arm with wire cutter
pliers.  See instructions on kit.

Good luck  Pat, 801