[C320-list] starboard shelf over fuel tank

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Fri Aug 29 09:02:08 PDT 2014

Hi Jim,

The sender can be removed without taking the shelf out if you can get into
the aft locker ok.

Few Tips:

* MARK the orientation of the fuel sender plate with a Sharpie to save
yourself time  reinstalling it.  The plate has 5 or 6 screws but they'll
only all line up in one orientation.  Otherwise, you'll get a few of them in
but the rest won't line up and you'll have to start over.

* I used a normal socket wrench with a Phillips screwdriver socket which
made it easy to take the screws out and put back in.  Only a short
screwdriver will fit between the tank and the shelf.

* It's possible that the float is not floating anymore, or that you just
need to move the sender float arm back and forth a few times to get it all
working again.

* The sender is grounded through the tank so if you want to test it when
it's out of the tank, make sure you have a good connection between the plate
and the tank.

* Double check that the tank Ground screw is not corroded and that the
sender wire connection is clean.

-Jeff Hare