[C320-list] Edson Tiller Arm Connection Detail for Linear Drive, Size of Blocks Limiting the Rudder Movement

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Fri Dec 12 05:49:17 PST 2014

Dave: I believe my installation is completely consistent with the specs
and description in the Raymarine installation manual. See in particular
figures 4 and 6 in the manual at this link:
http://www.raymarine.eu/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=1937. Raymarine
specifies connecting the drive on top of the tiller arm, not inside of
it. It isn't clear how one would do the connection "inside" using the
Raymarine hardware. My recollection is that the mounting pin is 10
inches from the centerline of the rudder shaft, per Raymarine specs for
this drive, but I would have to go down to the boat to check this. I
recall that the blocks limiting the movement of the ruder are about
3/4", but again I would have to go to the boat to check. The boat is on
the hard in Annapolis right now, and I am not going to be on board again
for several weeks, but I will try to remember to make some measurements
next time I visit.

If you are in the Annapolis area I'd be happy to meet you at the boat
sometime this winter so that you could see the installation in detail. I
do not have some of these details recorded because I hired a
professional to do the installation.

Scott Thompson