[C320-list] Sail Care Nightmare

BairdRJB at aol.com BairdRJB at aol.com
Thu Feb 13 11:03:28 PST 2014

Just thought I would give the group an update.  Last Fall I put a post  on
this list, asking for opinions about the Sail Care company.    Most, but not
all responses were favorable.  I shipped my genoa to the  company on
November 9, 2013.  Today is February 13, 2014  and I still  haven't gotten the
sail back.  Back in November they had quoted what I  believed to be unnecessary
repairs, and I have asked for the basic cleaning  process.  They agreed
that the repairs were not essential and agreed to do  the basic cleaning.
Since then, I have gotten the run-around from the shop  manager, Jerry, who has
failed to return my calls.  Finally got through  again today and they say
that the project will be done by next week.  Very  frustrated.  I will keep
the group posted when the genoa returns to let you  know what it looks like.
Just blowing steam.  Thanks for  listening.

Bob Baird
Star Dust
#784, 2001
Whitehall, Michigan