[C320-list] Soaked Cockpit Cushions

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Wed Feb 19 15:39:28 PST 2014

I have experienced the soaked cushion problem.  I was able to get the
covers off however the foam still would not dry.  Using a no-tech solution
I rolled them up as tight as I could and tied them with twine so they
would not unroll.  I then took a board like a 2x10 and made a ramp with
the rolled up cushions holding the ramp up.  Maybe you can see what is
coming next.

I drove one wheel from my SUV part way up the ramp compressing the
cushions and squeezing out most of the water.  I call this a redneck
wringer.

Not sure if it would be a problem with the covers on however drilling weep
holes doesn¹t sound good either.

Name withheld.