[C320-list] Soaked Cockpit Cushions

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 21 13:09:32 PST 2014

Also, I second this. When we bought #62 in 2004, it came with 4 cockpit
BottomSiders that were then 10 years old. They weren't in bad shape; but,
showed some wear. I sent them to BottomSiders for "reconditioning." They
shave off the original finish and refinish them. Each year we clean and
condition them using BottomSider's recommended cleaning. They are now 20
years old and look nearly new. The BottomSider people are very helpful and
easy to deal with. I presume the same can be said about C-Cushion. Both are
regular presenters at the boat shows.

About 4 years ago, I sold the original foam cushions and decided to get a
new "hump" cushion. I called BottomSiders and they made a custom seat for me
to my specifications. From this seat behind the wheel, I can see over the
pedestal with my feet on the floor. If you are interest in a hump seat send
me an e-mail, I'll return a picture of mine. Mention my name and
BottomSiders will make you the exact same seat or one to your
specifications. It's similar to #108 on their web site.) I'd do it again. (I
have no interest in either company.)

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62