[C320-list] led bulbs again

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Sun Jan 12 16:14:29 PST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com
[mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf Of jim brown
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 9:22 AM
To: c320-list at catalina320.com
Subject: [C320-list] led bulbs again

Looking to change out the halogens to LEDs. I know this has been addressed
in the past but it looks like the technology is moving fast. I have looked
at the Sensibulb 2 units and the new Sensibulb direct size replacement for
the G4 10 watt, the Dr LED discs, bulbs and now the tower G4 replacements,
and those from Catalina Direct (disc). The Catalina Direct is the least
expensive the Sensibulbs the most expensive. Anyone have any new insight
into what to consider (I want warm white light). Thanks

Jim and Babs Brown
Desafinado

======================================

My message from June still stands.  Ultimately its not the price but the
amount of light produced that's relevant to LED lights.  You can waste a lot
of money buying lights that aren't up to the mark.

	Don't know if you have replaced your cabin light globes with LED
ones yet.  I have tried a few different ones in an effort to get a decent
strong light for over the cabin table with reduced power consumption.
Earlier this year I found a really good one which I can recommend.  See
http://marineledshop.com/g4-bi-pin-led-replacement-bulbs/g4-15-led-bulb-back
pin-2-3-watt-warm-white?path=37_39  which are $16 each post free.  I bought
a couple to try out and they are cheaper and brighter than the ones that I
was using - I feel that my quest is now over.

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141