[C320-list] Reverse Polarity Question

colloua5 at aol.com colloua5 at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 06:41:13 PDT 2014

I have a Honda EU2000 Invert Companion Generator with a 30 amp twist lock receptacle that plugs directly into the shore power receptacle on the stern of the boat.  When I run the generator all my breakers are off, and as the generator is running I turn on the breakers.  After that the reverse polarity light comes on.  Has anyone had this similar problem?  Any suggestions?  And is this harmful to the boat in any way?  Is it possible this happens because the generator isn't grounded?

Colleen Reszoly
William Raveis Real Estate
14 Church Hill Road
Newtown, CT 06470