[C320-list] Broach / turtle

tharrison at innovations-plus.com tharrison at innovations-plus.com
Tue Jul 29 07:36:51 PDT 2014

I was at a round table discussion with a few sea dogs on Friday night. The
topic of broach and turtle came up. This is my second season and I was
wondering if anyone has had this experience.

I have a 1997 with a wind keel hull 424.

Has anyone ever capsized and how long did it take for the  Catalina to right
itself? The sea dogs said it would not right itself and requires another
wave to right itself. It would most likely flood itself before righting
itself as well.

Has anyone ever broached what was their experience.

Ted - hull 424