[C320-list] Water Heater Replacement Project Documented

Martin Rosenberg martinlrosenberg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 18:26:42 PDT 2014

Danny,
  I have been tracking down various leaks on my boat and today discovered
green water in my bilge! When I checked my water heater I found a leak in
the exact same place that yours was leaking. I'm guessing that the green
liquid is antifreeze from the high quality heater hoses although the engine
doesn't seem to be short any antifreeze. I have a few questions that I'm
hoping that you can answer.
 First, do I really need Catalina heater hose? Can't I get good quality
hose at the auto parts store? Also, do you remember the sizes of the parts
you bought from Ace?
  What happens when you disconnect the heater hoses from the WH? Does
antifreeze spew all over? Should I drain the engine first since it seems to
be a given that the hoses need replacement NOW and I might as well change
the AF anyway?
  Your project description is great and will be a comfort to me as I take
on the project.
Thank you.
Martin Rosenberg
"Avalon"  #823