[C320-list] Solar Panel Installation

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 2 14:09:04 PDT 2014

Warren,  when we ordered our hull #219, we ordered it with the solar panel factory installed.  The original panel was strong enough to step (walk) on and served us for 16 years--no problems.  We no longer have the boat, however I am certain someone can provide the manufacture's name--but any panel you use needs to withstand foot traffic.  Ken

Just be aware that the panel efficiency will be reduced some by the shadow cast by the boom. I guess you could push the boom to the side so that the shadow is not covering the panel. Should be a good place though if you don't have davits or an arch. What is the gauge of the wire Catalina put in? No sign of such pre-planning on my #574.CheersJohnM1999#574