[C320-list] Mainsail Upgrade for my c320

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Fri Jun 6 15:39:58 PDT 2014

Guy,
Maybe he just wants to be able to catch you under sail.  :)

The batons are important for performance and a number of other reasons related to holding sail shape, so don't go down that path.

He might have been thinking about the Dutchman instead of batons?  Sloping the Dutchman is a preference call.  For a non-loose footed main I wouldn't be without my Dutchman.

Loose footed Mains and Dutchman I don't have first hand experience with.

I'm probably upgrading to an in-mast furling main next year however.

Jeff
Woodbine II #809