[C320-list] Anchor Tackle Review Needed

JJ Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 24 14:24:39 PDT 2014

Your Delta 10 (10kg?) is way too small for a c320 in heavy weather. I have a 15kg Bruce and would not trust this anchor in heavy weather of 30+knots as you suggest, but I would probably trust a 15kg Rocna, which is an excellent modern anchor. I have the same chain and 3 strand rode and it works well. In mildly heavy weather I have 2,  3 strand nylon snubbers which I attach to the chain with chain hooks to avoid any shock loading on the chain. The snubbers are attached to the two forward cleats on each side of the bow thus avoiding any large loads on the bow roller.CheersJOhnM1999#574