[C320-list] Yanmar issue

Descher, Chris cdescher at cedtulsa.com
Mon Mar 24 07:16:29 PDT 2014

I've got hull #500 with 700 hours on the Yanmar.  I've never had a problem with it until the last two weekends.  The engine is probably around 40 degrees, so it takes some cranking to start.  When it does start it's really rough, and the cabin fills with smoke.  It's bad.  What I discovered yesterday is that when it first starts, it's blowing exhaust out of the intake.  I turn it off and try again a few minutes later and it runs normally.  My hope is that this is temperature related and with warming weather it will go away.  Any ideas?

Chris Descher