[C320-list] Winter Surprise

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Mon Mar 17 18:34:28 PDT 2014

I replaced my tank last year about this time.  After replacing it I found
out that the fuel sender was not working very well.  I had to put 7-8
gallons in it before it would start to register and then the next 4-5
gallons made it go to F.  So I had a 19 gallons tank and the gauge only
worked for 4 or 5 gallons.

I took the sender out and found it was only 5 inches long.  The correct
length is 9 inches.  I replaced the sender and it now works as good as it
can.  It is very difficult to remove the sender after the tank is
installed.  I recommend taking 5 minutes and pulling the new sender out of
the new tank and making sure it is the correct one before installing the
tank.

I purchased my tank through Catalina and have not taken this issue up with
them.

Larry
WindSwept C320 #246