[C320-list] Masthead sheaves - access

Denny Browne dennybrowne at verizon.net
Sat Mar 22 15:43:15 PDT 2014

I think you can get a schematic off the charleston spar or rig-rite websites of the masthead. NG1 masthead seems to ring a bell.

But, your probably right, that the messenger line jumped the sheave behind the roller that is the last thing the spinnaker halyard runs over before leaving the mast.

From atop the mast, you might try a coat hanger with a little curlicue twisted on the end. Or, just force it by pulling the opposite direction. If the messenger line breaks, you'll have to run a new one to reeve the halyard, but that isn't that hard. I'd pay a rigger to fix it before dropping the mast.

And ditto the recommendation for bigger messenger lines next time.

Denny Browne
310.408.9591

Sent from iPhone, sorry for typos, grammar, etc...