[C320-list] cutlass bearing replacement

Elizabeth Schwartz schwartz781 at optonline.net
Sun Mar 23 12:09:35 PDT 2014

Ahoy,.....There should be no "play" if you try to move the shaft aft of
the strut. Most folks realize a replacement is needed when shaft
vibrations occure. The shaft "turnability" will not be hindered by the
shaft being worn. The purpose of the bearing is to keep the shaft
straight. Hope this helps. As a former commercial diver, this can be
accomplished in water. .....Joe n Beth..245 on Long Island