[C320-list] Battery charging

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Mon May 5 03:53:32 PDT 2014

I have just noticed - by experimentation - the following and to me it seems it wasn't always this way, so i am wondering if something has happened; can anyone confirm the correct “architecture’ of the charging system

The shore charger only charges battery 2 directly so in order to charge battery 1 when on shore power the battery switch needs to be set to both, conversely
The engine charger only charges battery 1 directly so in order to charge battery 2 when the engine is running the battery switch needs to be set to both.
We have the standard 1, Both, 2, Off rotary switch.

Thanks
Graeme
#303, Falmouth, England