[C320-list] Rigging issue

Christopher Nichols cinichols at btinternet.com
Thu May 22 16:33:11 PDT 2014

Is it possible you are re rigging on the hard rather than in the water? Just a thought, but if the boat is on the hard with lots of kit in the lockers and chain in the bow then, with inadequate support, might the ends have sagged during a harsh winter?
In the water then the weight of the keel acting against hull buoyancy might just cause the bow and stern to be closer to the top of the mast!
Have not experienced this issue myself but given we should only align our prop shafts when afloat i thought it might make a difference albeit small..

(Amanda Rose 476)

Chris Nichols

On May 22, 2014, at 11:58 PM, Elizabeth Schwartz <schwartz781 at optonline.net> wrote:

Ahoy.....Joe, #245, 1995.......Last fall I purchased this boat. It was rigged when I bought it. Sailed it from Connecticut river to Long Island, then took the mast down. When stepping the mast last week I had the same issue. With both aft stays minimally connected, we were about 2 inches short to connect fwd stay. I opted to release one aft stay. Then I could connect fwd stay. Even with a lot of tension on a main halyard on an aft cleat, I could not attach the other aft stay. Got a couple jaw toggles from Defender marine, 3/8 pin, and that was enough to make up the difference. ........Question is, did the standing rigging shrink?