[C320-list] Rigging issue

Elizabeth Schwartz schwartz781 at optonline.net
Thu May 22 15:58:51 PDT 2014

Ahoy.....Joe, #245, 1995.......Last fall I purchased this boat. It was
rigged when I bought it. Sailed it from Connecticut river to Long
Island, then took the mast down. When stepping the mast last week I had
the same issue. With both aft stays minimally connected, we were about 2
inches short to connect fwd stay. I opted to release one aft stay. Then
I could connect fwd stay. Even with a lot of tension on a main halyard
on an aft cleat, I could not attach the other aft stay. Got a couple jaw
toggles from Defender marine, 3/8 pin, and that was enough to make up
the difference. ........Question is, did the standing rigging shrink?