[C320-list] Prop recommendation

Amiraults Family amiraults at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 8 07:48:28 PST 2014

Bill:

'If I understand you, this would require pulling the boat annually just to
maintain the prop?

Bill'

No, only that the prop requires annual maintenance. I have to pull the boat
annually 'cause the harbor develops several feet of ice over the winter here
in Ottawa (Canada). Things like greasing, adjusting the pitch, or replacing
a blade can all be done in the water. The first does require the removal of
a small screw to grease each prop in place before replacing the screw; which
may be difficult to do in-water. I suppose an alternative to dealing with
these small screws would be to remove the blades and take them on-shore to
grease - they're held in place by a metal pin easily removed with a small
hammer and a screwdriver used as a punch which I know to be the case as I
have done it.

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing Bear, too

---