[C320-list] Outboard lift

Arthur Miller millers1 at aol.com
Thu Nov 27 07:51:41 PST 2014

Mike, I am not sure where you sail and if you always have crew aboard to help.  Often I sail/cruise without crew and in areas of NE where it can be difficult (wind, waves) off stern of boat when anchored.
I would recommend a hoist system that allows one person to control the process ( that defines ease of use)
I have used three different types of hoists over several boats..
Price wise ... Garhauer design was by far the best:  one mount to hull, one to stern rail, easy
To stow,rig for use, and more safely used.... My present boat came with a  hoist version similar to Garhauer,, so I sold the Garhauer for what it had cost me.   With more use of the hoist that came with this boat , the more I realized  the Garhauer was a better design and I should have installed it and sold the hoist the boat came with..
If you seldom need a hoist..... Design and safety of use is less a factor.
Good luck,

Art.    Liberty.  #680
Sent from my iPad