[C320-list] Shake-down cruise

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Thu Oct 2 22:06:06 PDT 2014

I concur that tachs sometimes do not drop to zero when the engine is shut
down.  I think it may go back to zero if you turn the ignition key to on
but do not start the engine.

I have a Westerbeke and the tach gets its signal from the alternator.

Keep in mind if you have an external regulator that some regulators have a
delay which delays the alternator from coming on until a minute or two
after you turn the ignition key on.

Larry
WindSwept
C320 #246