[C320-list] Mascerator

Greg Flanagan greg.flanagan at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 13 11:02:41 PDT 2014

I spent a morning in Princess Louisa inlet  pulling out mine after finding parts of the bolts in the bilge. It was extremely worn out, the impeller blades were little stubs and all the bolts had deteriorated. The chopper was entwined in something. Amazingly it was still pumping prior, although I knew it was not up to standards but was putting it off as it seamed a gruesome task.

We then went to Powell River for a replacement. It was a surprisingly easy and clean process to replace.  My only option was an exact Jabsco replacement. 2006-2014 is pretty decent service for an impeller pump without service. I just wish it was easier to access so one could check it periodically and replace the impeller or clean the chopper before they wear out while off in far away places.

Hoopdancer # 1076,

Greg Flanagan
10460 Allbay Road
Sidney, BC V8L 2P3