[C320-list] Mascerator

Bronwen Young baeyoung at telus.net
Tue Oct 14 08:44:37 PDT 2014

Our macerator was seized when we bought our boat in 2012 (built in 1995).  I replaced it.  Fairly easy to do.
This Spring, 2014, it stopped evacuating the holding tank.  I took it out and brought it home.  I needed to remove
some fibrous material and a fair number of hairs from its metal plate and choppers.  Then I checked it in a bucket.
It very nicely shot a whole bunch of water into a second bucket.

Moral: they may run for years, but they may need to be cleaned every once in a while.

Hope this helps.  Oh, when you are retightening the hose clamps, finish off with a socket set.  Just using a
screwdriver won’t get them tight enough.

Eric and Bronwen
FanaSea #198