[C320-list] Vodka for winterizing

Jeffrey Kapec jkapec at tkdg.com
Wed Oct 15 07:52:56 PDT 2014

Used the standard RV potable antifreeze for years but in the spring
there was a horrible smell when we filled and flushed the water lines in
the spring.  The smell would linger for weeks even after flushing many
times.  Last fall I decided to try vacuuming out remaining water after
draining tanks and then blowing out all of the lines and finally putting
the cheapest vodka in the tanks and running that through.  It worked
fine, last winter was brutal cold but the water system was not affected
and it did not smell after the first flush.

Jeff Kapec
petite suite hull 718