[C320-list] Fixing engine mounts to bed

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:49:35 PDT 2014

Quick question -  can anyone tell me if the bolts that fix the engine mounts to the hull are machine screws (i.e. screw into a threaded metal piece) or what we in Britain call a ‘coach bolt’, i.e. a pointed tapered threaded screw with a hex head designed to screw into a hole in a piece of wood? My new engine mounts (R&D) have a thicker base than the Yanmar originals so i need a longer bolts and am m250 miles from the boat so can’t look at the existing ones. - Oh, yes, the thread type and diameter  would be useful, too!

Many thanks

Graeme
Hull 366, ‘Jaskar’ Britain