[C320-list] Potable water pump issues

Gene Helfman genehelfman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 10:30:55 PDT 2014

 Our Shurflo 2088-423-244 periodically continues to run after faucet valve
is turned off (over sink or in head).  Sometimes we can shut it off by
opening and closing faucet once more but sometimes we have to turn off the
breaker on the breaker panel.  We also have to throw that breaker at night
because the pump comes on without opening a faucet.  Also, it stops pumping
from forward tank, spitting air until we open both forward and aft tank
valves.

SO: is this a known problem, are there parts that likely need replacing, or
should we just replace the entire pump (which is going to be challenging
given how tight the space is where it lives).  BTW: Shurflo says the
2088-423-244 has been replaced by model #3901-0216. Can I assume that all
the connections match up?

Thanks,

Gene

Satori, #398, 1997
--
Gene Helfman, Professor Emeritus
Odum School of Ecology, University of Georgia
    genehelfman at gmail.com

"You noticed nobody gives a damn about beached minnows."