[C320-list] Potable water pump issues

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 01:01:34 PDT 2014

I had this problem and dismantled the pump which contains four small non-return valves which are essentially rubber discs that sit over a hole in a plate.
The tiniest bit of grit or other foreign body that gets trapped between the rubber and the plate prevents a perfect seal and the pressure on the downstream side of the valve slowly bleeds away and thus the pump kicks in again.
I have to say that it wasn't a pretty sight and rather put me off using the potable water for anything potable!

(As an aside I bought a small pencil camera on the end of 30ft of cable that plugs into a laptop USB port and enables viewing the interior of pipes as small as 1/2 inch. When I put this down the water filler hoses of my 320 I was again somewhat disturbed by the algae and other matter that is clinging to the side - these tubes are corrugated and trap moisture. I plan to replace them over the winter with smooth sided clear plastic braided hose.)

Graeme