[C320-list] Microwave

Welch, Myron D myron-welch at uiowa.edu
Fri Sep 19 15:58:45 PDT 2014

Trudi,

I replaced the microwave in my 1995, #238 320 last June.  It was impossible to find one as small as the original and the closest I could find was a slightly larger Frigidaire 700 Watt, .7 cubic inch unit from Lowes.  I also found other brands that were the same size from other dealers.  Although the information is at the boat, I believe this is the unit I purchased:

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=375272-2251-FFCM0724LW&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3551096&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

I had to remove some of the trim piece on the top to match the height of the new microwave.  The top of the cavity slopes down in the back and the higher, deeper unit would only go in about 3/4 of the way. I found that there is an extra board under the old microwave to make it level with the bottom frame/trim.  I removed that board which allowed the new microwave to sit low enough that it would fit to the back of the box and below the cabinet frame/trim.  It took a little extra push to get it over the bottom frame/trim and it is tight enough that I did not have to put in screws from the bottom to hold it in place.  Good luck, measure carefully and be patient.  Feel free to contact me if you need further information.

Myron Welch
Wind Instrument #238
Iowa City, Iowa
Grace Memorial Harbor