[C320-list] Jack stand height

Amiraults Family amiraults at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 22 13:38:14 PDT 2014

All:

My club does not allow jack stands, so everyone uses cradles. Still, to
relieve a small portion of my ignorance clear something up for me. I would
think that the height of the stands for a wing keel C320 would depend (all
else remaining equal) on the hull number. My memory is that early hull had a
4'4" draft. Later, the bilge was deepened with no change to the keel
resulting, as in my boat, in a 4'10" draft; which I think would require a
taller stand. Even later, the bilge remained the same while Catalina
supplied a lower profile wing thus reducing the draft again to the original
4'4".

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing Bear, too

---