[C320-list] Dock Lines

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Tue Sep 30 16:54:34 PDT 2014

I purchased the 100' line for the unknown special occasions.

If I recall (my brain is foggy) though it was used for docking in the "U" in Milwaukee for the Queen's Cup Race,  a big raft up on the Grand River in Grand Haven, Michigan and a few other cases where I needed over 50'.

Usually when docking we tie off the stern line first (not the bowlines); usually the engine is in neutral when we have tied the bowlines.  Still, one should always be concerned with the lines tangling with the prop. Actually in general my engine is in neutral when tying off except maybe any final pulses.  If the prop is engaged we are highly focused regarding the prevention of lines getting in the water, especially near the prop.  It is not a pretty sight if the tangle, and yes tragedy can hit.

Andrew Santangelo

C320 "Dawn Treader"
Holland, MI

J22 "Blitzkrieg"