[C320-list] Cutlass bearing

Jerry Taylor jerry at jerrytaylorhomes.com
Thu Apr 2 17:56:07 PDT 2015

Hi Ted,

I am on the boat returning from the Bahamas and do not have the answer to
your dimension questions.  I can tell you that we have a cutlass bearing
puller in the C320IA tool loaner program if you decide to do the job
yourself.  I used it once and very easy.....just follow the instructions.
You can check it out for use from our website or contact Allan Field...you
pay the shipping charges to and from.  You do not have to pull the rudder,
but need to pull the prop, so you may want to get the prop puller as well to
ease in prop removal.  Not sure about why the shaft would have to be
replaced without looking at it.  The bearing would have to be severely worn
for the shaft to drop down and wear out.
Jerry