[C320-list] SF Mechanic? Other South Beach C320 Owners?

Joel Krauska joel at krauska.net
Sun Apr 12 16:58:47 PDT 2015

Hello C320 Folks,

I've been a long time reader, and I'm excited to join in on the action.

After almost 10 years of waiting, I got a phone call from the South Beach
Harbor in San Francisco saying the slip I was interested in was available.
:)  Just in time for baseball season. (the harbor is right next to the SF
Giant's ballpark.)

Next step -- just gotta buy a boat!  I always had my eyes on Catalina 30s
and 320s.  I just needed to find 'the right one'.

I'm now the lucky new owner of Hull 802 -- Grace.  Much thanks to the
previous owner Ken Danko for keeping her in beautiful condition and being
willing to part with her.

That said, I now need to do a few minor maintenance things that came up on
the survey. (hoses, a little rust here, battery mounts, etc.)  As much as I
want to do this work myself, my wife has asked that I find a local mechanic
to help me get it done in a reasonable time frame.

Are there any other SF or nearby owners who can recommend a local mechanic
to help me out?  (I don't think the work needed requires a haul out, just
some dock side work and some solid clue.)

I would also love to meet some of my new neighbors and other 320 owners who
might want to give me some tips in exchange for lunch or a few beers.

Much appreciated.

--Joel Krauska
#802 Grace (for less than a week)