[C320-list] SF Mechanic? Other South Beach C320 Owners?

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 21:54:35 PDT 2015

Joel

We have 801.  Welcome to the fleet.

Engine work - List marine....believe they have a mobile service.  Also,
check with Svendsons boat yard in Alameda.  They took over the Yanmar parts
inventory from Gold Coast Marine and I believe they have service as well.

I assume you have discussed the service history with Ken.  Last time the
mixing elbow was replaced would be worth checking.  If you are replacing
cooling water hoses, it would be good to change the mixing elbow as well if
it's been a while.

Rust - that depends on what is rusting.  May just be a clean with Bar
Keepers friend.  If it's hardware internal to the cabin, you likely have a
leak and need to rebed the fitting.  Read up on the process by searching
old forum posts from the 430 web site.

Battery mounts....not sure what is required on Grace.  The standard fitment
is a brace over each battery that is attached to the seat liner access
openings.  If alternate batteries are installed, a custom bracket may be
needed.  Your best friendly boat yard may be of help, but cost will be an
issue.  Grand Marine boat yard works on lots of Catalinas.  They are not
cheap, but do a good job.  The metal fabricator in the same building is
getting good reviews if you need some welding.  Trick is to provide him
with the material.  His part fabrication is a bit crude, but if you can get
the parts cut by a shop with a waterjet machine he can weld up some
jewelry.

Many marinas have techs that farm the tenants and provide services from
bottom cleaning to engine maintenance and rigging.  Good luck in finding a
good one.  Your dock neighbors and business cards on the bulletin board are
good starting places.  If you used a broker, they can help as they have
lists of good trades people to help with their sales.

Good luck with your new boat.

Pat Ireland, Cherie 320, 801