[C320-list] Dripless Vent Hose Location?

pat reynolds lorasalum at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 14 07:03:43 PDT 2015

When I ordered a new pss I requested the old one and they had it in stock.  One burp a season is fine with me.  No hose to worry about

     On Monday, April 13, 2015 9:27 PM, Joel Krauska <joel at krauska.net> wrote:

 I have a PYI PSS dripless shaft seal.
http://www.shaftseal.com/en/categories/300000001/preview

It's great because the bilge is basically bone dry, but there's an awkward
vent line that leads up and near the yanmar.

The manufacturer's instructions say to
"""
Run the hose to a point in the boat at least two (2) feet above the
waterline, making sure that the hose does not apply any load on the carbon
part of the seal. Keep the hose as close as possible to the centerline of
the vessel so the top of the vent hose is never below the waterline, even
if the boat heels. Secure the hose in place with the necessary fittings
that insure it will not pull free and drop. This hose is now a venting hose
that will help ensure that no air is trapped in the seal.
"""

I'm curious about where others may have run this hose.  I was thinking
about possibly hooking it in to a cockpit drain??

Cheers,

Joel Krauska
Grace #802