[C320-list] Ultimate Battery setup - seeking suggestions.

Gavin Gorazdowski gavin at gav7.com
Wed Apr 15 21:25:33 PDT 2015

hello.

I have recently purchased a C320 and am slowly working my way through the
inevitable To Do list.

My boat came with 3 batteries - I assumed 2 were house batteries and one
was a starter/cranking battery... I was wrong and found out the hard way,
when we ran the batteries down too low to start the engine!

There doesn't seem to be a separate, isoalted starter battery... so, i was
wondering if any owners have gone through the process of designing the
ideal battery setup...

I imagine an isolated Starter battery that gets priority charge from the
alternator/or AC battery charger, and a split house battery bank.

I also imagine an emergency override to use house batteries in emergency
cranking situations and maybe a kill switch to totally cutoff the starter
battery when the boat is not in use, to prevent any leak from the starter.

I'm sure there are other ideas/considerations...

Gavin