[C320-list] Metal Guards for Fuel Filter Bowl?

Joel Krauska joel at krauska.net
Wed Apr 15 23:07:28 PDT 2015

This is a random thing that come up on my survey:
"Racor fuel filter installation is typical O.E.M.>>Current guidelines
require plastic fuel bowls be fitted with metallic bowl guards."

I found this discussion on another forum.
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/93245-racor-recommends-metal-bowl-fuel-water-separators-enclosed-areas.html

But that seems to be about replacing the plastic bowl with a metal bowl.
(I'd prefer the plastic to be able to see what's going on.)

So I guess I'm trying to figure out what these bowl guards might be.

Has anyone else run in to this?

Cheers,

Joel Krauska
Grace #802