[C320-list] Metal Guards for Fuel Filter Bowl?

Karl Mielenhausen kmielen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 04:17:39 PDT 2015

This has been a common problem, especially if you have a lender or
insurance company that wants everything mentioned in the survey "fixed".

33CFR183 Subpart J (Fuel system regulations) does not apply to diesel
powered vessels.

Remember, ABYC standards are "voluntary" or "best practice" standards for
the industry, unlike USCG regulations. Unfortunately, many insurance
companies and lenders are "forcing" compliance to these standards and not
allowing any "grandfathering" for boats built to older standards.

Here is an interesting article on this very topic...
http://www.westmarine.com/WestAdvisor/ABYC-Requirements-for-Diesel-Fuel-Filters

Karl

Karl