[C320-list] Washdown pump

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 07:38:36 PDT 2015

Rule Pump makes a portable pump suitable for water or diesel. There are two
rates, I think I used the 500GPH. Keep in mind that pump capacity is
generally rated a zero feet of lift. The 6 feet or so from the deck into the
water will reduce the flow at the nozzle. Mine came only with battery clips
that I changed for a 12V std plug, and installed a 12V receptacle in the
anchor locker, wired to the anchor winch (the winch can draw 80A so can
handle a small pump.) I keep it in the anchor locker. It takes about one
minute to lower the intake, hang the hose on the life line, and pump away.
It's not a powerful stream, but is enough to clean the anchor, chain, and
line. Way easier on my back.

Rule now makes the pump in a kit with a battery all in a carrying case. A
slip neighbor has on and feels no need to connect to boat batteries. I think
this kit is less than $100, and no installation.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62