[C320-list] Washdown pump

Kaare Wold sailor3952 at charter.net
Sat Apr 25 18:50:23 PDT 2015

We installed a wash down pump on our old Pearson 28.  Our approach was to have a portable system.  I prefer to take the simple route.  The pump was installed in a compact plastic toolbox easily stored anywhere. The electrical connection was a standard cigarette lighter plug and the cord stored in the toolbox with the pump.  I could plug it in at a multiple outlet locations. We wanted to avoid breaking into existing hose/thruhull systems and certainly not want to add another dedicated thruhull.  A short length of flexible hose tossed over the side into the water served as the pumps intake supply water. Worked great out there on a mooring. No new holes in the hull, no tapping into existing water intake systems.  For our application, the portability and simplicity allowed us to attach a lightweight hose and use the wash down anywhere on deck.  Just an idea for an alternative to "hard" plumbing a system.
Kaare & Mary Wold
Sheet Music #945

Sent from my iPad